The antibiotics have finished now and last night my Hickman line was used for the first time. So far it seems to be working fine and if the doctors are happy with it when they do the rounds later this morning I will be able to go home. Today! Yay! Of course I'm excited to perhaps be going home but I'm also relieved as my poor veins have just about had it. I never really have any decent veins in my hands and arms and the few that can be used have been well and truely pricked to death. It's got so bad that I'm now having cannulas put in my feet. And yes, it did hurt. Hopefully later I will be packing my bag and going home to Hubby and the kids.Unfortunately everyone is at work today so if, no, when I get discharged later I will have to make my own way home. Nottingham has a really good transport system, including a tram stop at the hospital but I don't think I'm up to using public transport today. I'm going to splash out on a cab that will take me door to doo...
Life's not been easy since losing my large bowel in 2009. Technically I didn't lose it in the same way you might lose your phone or your wallet- it was removed in an emergency operation after my bowel perforated due to Ulcerative Collitis. Since then I've been on a journey to get back to normal and still don't quite seem to have made it. This blog is a place to share some of the ups and downs, tears and laughter and hospital horrors that make up my life. Enjoy!


Comments
Post a Comment